- IceBowlAsked on July 23, 2017 at 10:07 PM
I have a form that is integrated with Square for payment processing. When the form is initially entered this appears to work fine. However, when I return to the form in edit mode I am unable to enter any information in the Square widget. I have checked my conditions and I don't see anything that should cause this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
- CharlieAnswered on July 24, 2017 at 03:29 AM
As far as I remember, you cannot edit the order/payment details in an existing submission. The reason is that the payment integration is only triggered on the initial submission of the form. If you edit the submission, it will not charge the user again. We want the details in the submission to match the one in your payment processor's transaction details.
I presume the problem is that you are unable to fill out the first and last name, but the other fields can be filled out and the total value can be changed based on the check box "Pay for Bowler..."? Here's a screencast of it:
I presume the submission you have was submitted with an initial total value of "0" in the payment field? Then you want your user to edit the submission where the payment total will change?
Let me forward this to our developers to clarify on this, I see that the other details in the payment field can be filled out, and with the explanation I mentioned above, it shouldn't be possible.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
- IceBowlAnswered on July 24, 2017 at 09:43 PMHello, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. This is a bowling tournament registration form. I want a user to be able to fill out the form, pay for any bowlers they want to and submit the form. I was hoping that they could then forward the autoresponder e-mail with the edit link to any other bowlers that need to pay and those bowlers would be able to select who they want to pay for, fill out the payment details (with their name and credit card information) and click the submit button to charge their credit card. This particular form was submitted with ‘0’ in the payment field because I wanted to test that process.
If I’m understanding you correctly the payment widget is locked down after the initial submission so it does seem odd that you can enter all of the information except for the name. If that’s the case do you have any suggestions on how I can accomplish my goal of having one person fill out the form but have each bowler pay for their own entry?
- CharlieAnswered on July 25, 2017 at 01:31 AM
Thank you for providing more details. I've set this thread for the issue in the payment field, to better assist you with the goal you want to accomplish, I've opened a separate thread for it. You can refer to this link instead: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1207478. I will address it shortly.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 07, 2017 at 11:39 AM
This should be fixed now. It is now possible to make Square payments while editing a form submission.
Please let us know if you have other issues, questions, or concerns.
- IceBowlAnswered on October 08, 2017 at 08:43 AMThanks for letting me know that this has been fixed. I continue to be impressed by JotForm’s customer service!