- alabamaupcAsked on July 24, 2017 at 07:28 PM
I have created a form that uses paypal. Paypal gets the price from a calculation field where the user selects what level of sponsorship they wish to use.
For example I have a radio button option with 4 options including an "other" amount field. The user selects only one and this is passed on to Paypal but when it goes to the paypal checkout the description of the donation says "description" instead of the particular donation description ie: (Gold $1,000) they selected.
Everything works great except the donation description (title) is not passed on to paypal and the confirmation email just says "Description"
My desire is to pass the "Level of Sponsorship (Online by Credit Card)" option selected to Payl description. Or it would be good to change the word "Description" to something static for all options like: "SOAR 2017 Donation".
Thank you for your helpPage URL:
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 24, 2017 at 11:46 PM
I'm afraid that's not possible since you are using a separate field as your products. The only way to identify the selected product, for now, is to check them in the form submissions data.
I'll also escalate this thread to our developers so they'd consider implementing a solution that would pass the field value to the product description or to the payment information. We'll let you know here once this is implemented.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 24, 2017 at 11:53 PM
Apologies. It is actually possible to pass a field value to Paypal Express.
1. Add a hidden box widget to your form. Example:
2. Pass the selected option to the hidden box field. This is possible by creating an update/calculation condition.
3. Then, set the hidden box field in the Paypal Express Field under Additional Gateway Settings as Custom Data Field.
Hope this helps!