- wsrhodesAsked on August 17, 2017 at 03:54 PM
I see all of the questions and answers about ways to allow a user to enter part of a form, leave (or suffer a crash), and come back later to complete it. It looks like there are 2 distinct ways to do this:How to Enable Auto Fill on Forms
andHow to Save Forms and Continue Later
The former seems very simple; the latter more complicated (multiple forms).
Can you clearly tell me the pros and cons of using one vs the other?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on August 17, 2017 at 05:31 PM
1) The "How to Enable Auto Fill on Forms" option just saves the data in your browser local storage, meaning that you need to get back to the same device, and same browser to continue from where you left.
So, this method is simple to setup, however, the data relies on your browser local storage, so if by any chance you clear your browser cache, you will lost what you have filled.
2) The "How to Save Forms and Continue Later" option requires more workaround to generate a session URL which will be sent to the person via email notification. What is great about it, is that the user can continue to fill the form from any device, browser, location and internet connection, so there is no worries about losing the data.
- wsrhodesAnswered on August 17, 2017 at 05:48 PM