- rwaldenjrAsked on August 25, 2017 at 08:23 PM
I'm having trouble skipping sections of my Property Buyer's Registration Form. Whether I use "Skip to / Hide a Page", or "Show/Hide Field", the results are the same. Either way, all I get when I click "Next" at the bottom of Page 1 is a blank page. I read another post that said you can't hide the Page Breaks between sections. So, I un-hid all of them, but to no avail. And, I checked to make sure none of the elements in my questions were in Hidden mode. They're not.
Here's the results of my troubleshooting attempts:
A. Skip to / Hide a Page Condition
1. When I select No as the answer for Question 7 and click "Next", I get a blank page. I should see Page 4. However, I get the same result for all three of the possible pages (2-4) listed in the "Do" field of the Condition editor for that question.
2. I labeled all the Page Name fields (Page Break Properties | Advanced tab) for each Page Break section element because it says that helps to "more easily set page conditions". It didn't help. But, it revealed another possible problem (see # 3, below).
3. After labeling the Page Name fields of the Page Break elements (#2, above), I noticed that none of the page names were matched with the actual pages I thought I was labeling; i.e., "Page 2's" label reads "End of Page 1" in the "Do" drop-down, "Page 3" is labeled "End of Page 2", and "Page 4" is labeled "End of Page 3" (see screenshot, below). However, each of those 3 label names are listed in the Properties of the page they're supposed to be on. Very strange!
4. For some reason, the "Next" button element of Page 1 seems to be connected to the "Back" button element of Page 4. Every time I change the label of one, it changes the label of the other, and vice versa! Is that supposed to work that way?
B. Show / Hide Field
5. I thought maybe it was just a bug with Skip to Page conditions. So, I disabled that condition and created a similar condition using "Hide Multiple Fields". Once again, all I got was a blank Page 4. That leads me to believe there's something on my page that's hiding these fields. Not sure what!?!
6. Are we not supposed to hide the "Page Break" elements when hiding a page, as was stated for Skip to Page? Regardless, I un-hid them anyhow and it didn't seem to make much difference either way.
Any idea what's causing this problem? I'm sure it must be something simple, like a state switch that I'm missing. But, I'm not seeing what it could be.
Thanks in advance for your help!
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on August 26, 2017 at 01:19 AM
I understand that you want to redirect the user to page #4 (Submit) if No is selected. If so, you may change Skip page condition on the form as shown below:
The other two show/hide conditions n the form can be disabled. So, there would be only one condition on the form to skip the page based on the option selected.
Hope this information helps! Let us know if you are referring something different. We will be happy to help.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on August 27, 2017 at 03:21 AM
Glad to see that the Skip page condition is working correctly now. Sorry about the other questions that I missed.
#3. Why do the labels of the "Page Name" fields appear on the next page, and not the page of the Page Break they're entered on; e.g., the label entered on Page Break 1 appears as the label for Page Break 2 in the list of elements for the form? (See the "DO" field of my original screenshot.)
Please note that the page name in the page break field properties indicates the next page. If you want to display the name of page 2, it should be set on the first-page break which is the starting of the second page.
#4 The Page Breaks for Page 1 (first page) and Page 4 (last page) seem to be connected. I can't seem to label them independently, and changing one automatically changes the other. Is this normal? If so, why?
I have checked on the cloned form and see that the issue with labels in the page breaks. You may try removing labels from all the page breaks and then set again separately to see if that works. Alternatively, you may consider removing all the page breaks in the form and add them again which should be working fine.
#6. Are we supposed to hide the "Page Break" elements when hiding a page, as was stated we should do for Skip to Page? I don't understand why this is necessary for either type of Condition. Please explain!
It is not required to set both the conditions. When a condition with Skip page is set on the form, it automatically skips to the page as specified in the condition. The Hide page rule can be used when you want to hide a particular page unlike skipping. For example, if a form is having 10 pages and you want to skip to page 5 based on a condition and also want not to display page 7 for the same condition, it is not possible to use two skip conditions. In this case, you can use hide rule not to display page 7.
Hope this information helps! Please get back to us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.
- rwaldenjrAnswered on August 27, 2017 at 03:43 AMNot sure how some of my posts get marked "Private" when I didn't mark them as such!?! But, please change this Thread to "Public" so that other may benefit from it. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 27, 2017 at 04:51 AM
This thread is not private, although the other one that has a title (Private) happens to be. There is also no option on our end to change the settings of a comment from private to public. Anyhow, the information on your response is also available on Kiran's response.
- rwaldenjrAnswered on August 27, 2017 at 05:43 AMI've only (intentionally) marked one of my posts "Private". Yet, several seem to have become that way after responding to your team via email!?! Is there a way for me to change it to "Public" on my end so that others can benefit by all our hard work on this problem?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 27, 2017 at 09:10 AM
Thank you for your kindness. However, we don't have an option to change the privacy of the replies which are marked as private. We can only change the original post. I think this happens on replies that were sent through email. This was the pattern that I noticed. I'll try to send this to our backend team. Thank you again :)
- rwaldenjrAnswered on August 27, 2017 at 02:39 PM
Thanks for following up! Might I suggest that the same checkbox routine that toggles whether or not a My Question post is "Private" or not be added to the "Edit" pop-up form so that users can change the status of any of their posts at any time. It would have helped me after-the-fact in this case, and with several of my other posts that mysteriously became "Private" without my knowledge. And, I'm sorry that people won't be able to read my conclusion about this Skip to Page issue.I also think it would be a good idea if all Forum threads had a symbol or indicator of some sort that shows at a glance when a particular tech support suggestion worked. That way, people could easily see what to change in their own forms. Many of the Forum threads are long. And, they have a variety of trial-and-error suggestions to wade through before you read the right answer that worked. It would make the Forum a lot more user friendly if you could scan down the list and see which one had a big green checkmark symbol beside it, or some other means of indicating Solved", like many other online forums.
Thanks again for your feedback!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 27, 2017 at 03:02 PM
I have already requested the option to edit the privacy of the replies right after sending you my first reply. Thank you for that idea by the way.
The indicator thing is also a good feature/idea. I've moved that into a separate thread so I can create a separate ticket about it. Here's the link: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1233588.