- HoppiAsked on October 03, 2017 at 04:54 AMHi, thank you for answer. Does PalPal Express Checkout give the customer the option NOT to log in to his PayPal account, but only pay by card? I don´t want my customers to have a PayPal account in order to buy. I just want them to pay by their card. In this case, a window will pop up with PayPal login screen...
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 03, 2017 at 04:57 AM
I think that's possible and that needs to be enabled in your Paypal account settings in order for your users to pay as guest or without creating a Paypal account.
Please check this detailed information about how to enable it in your Paypal account https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ1623&expand=true&locale=en_US.
Hope this helps!
- HoppiAnswered on October 03, 2017 at 05:10 AM
Hi, thank you very much. I did everything as stated, but when I fill out my form in preview and get to the end, press Pay Now and nothing happens...
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on October 03, 2017 at 06:20 AM
We are sorry for the inconvenience you have.
I have checked and cloned your form named "Inzertní formulář". I have seen that you have a Braintree integration in your form as seen below, not PayPal:
Please add a PayPal payment gateway to your form instead of Braintree, and try again as indicated previously.
- HoppiAnswered on October 03, 2017 at 06:24 AM
Hi, no problem, I really appreciate your fast help!
I already have a PayPal Express gateway on another one - it is called Clone of Inzertní formulář. Please try that one.
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on October 03, 2017 at 07:55 AM
First of all, please be aware of about that, PayPal Express and PayPal are different payment gateways and you need different credentials and accounts for each one. If you have only PayPal account, you can not use PayPal Express with the same credentials.
I have checked your form named "Clone of Inzertní formulář". I have fulfilled the form and submitted. I have received the following error:
As far as I understand, your PayPal Express credentials are not correct. Please check your PayPal Express API Username, API Password, API Signature.
If you do not have PayPal Express account, you can get one at the following URL: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/express-checkout
I hope this helps.
- HoppiAnswered on October 03, 2017 at 08:23 AM
well I do have a business account, so I suppose those credentials are for PayPal Express. When I want to sign up for PayPal Express, it redirects me directly into my account, so it should be correct, no?
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on October 03, 2017 at 09:35 AM
I have tested again your form by fulfilling and also I have re-cloned again in order to test.
I am totally sure that your PayPal Express credentials aren't correct seeing the alert message in the error window. Could you please check your Paypal Express API Username, API Password, and API Signature from your PayPal Express account once again and could you please correct them?
Thanks in advance.
- HoppiAnswered on October 03, 2017 at 10:09 AM
Hi, I am really sorry, but everything seems to be ok on my side. I have a Business account, my email confrimed, linked my bank account and confirmed my business name. There is only one place where I can find APIs and they are correct. Actually when I press Api credentials while in the form in PayPal Express Integration, it will open a window directly with these APIs...I have really no idea, what is wrong here...
I have not found anywhere how to get a PayPal Express account except getting a business account, which I do have...so really, I don´t know what to do here. I checked the credentials again, and they are the same as in my PayPal business account.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 03, 2017 at 11:37 AM
Thanks for that information.
Unfortunately, when I test your form with Paypal Express, I am getting the same error as my colleague.
I cloned your form and tried my API credentials, it is working just fine.
I know this sounds a little irksome to you but could you please review your API credentials once again? If there's a way to create a new API, please do so and then use it. Please make sure to copy them exactly as provided by Paypal.
Also, please ensure that your Paypal Express account is allowed to accept payments for digital goods. If not, you can turn that off in the payment settings.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 03, 2017 at 11:40 AM
Once by the way, once you have sorted out the API issue. Here's how the users able to pay as a guest.
After they click that, they will be presented with a new form and not a login.
- JaneSmith76Answered on October 03, 2017 at 10:42 PM
Thanks for the answer, I also wonder why this occur. Now I understand more.
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on October 04, 2017 at 02:03 AM
Marked as answered.