- milladesignmaccomAsked on October 16, 2017 at 03:09 PM
Does the form calculation count the hidden fields? I have some hidden fields that shall go in my calculation but only when they are shown ... so it depends on other choices the customer makes.
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Perform Form Calculation Using a Widget
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on October 16, 2017 at 04:09 PM
Yes, if the fields are hidden the calculation should work (if the hidden fields are populated), you just have to have them included in the Form Calculation Widget.
Do you have a form that you're working on so we can check?
- milladesignmaccomAnswered on October 17, 2017 at 06:56 AM
Hi - I have done something wrong because the prize does not show :)
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on October 17, 2017 at 10:26 AM
I have cloned your form named "BESTILLING" on my side in order to investigate the issue.
I have checked the calculation widget and seen that calculation settings are incorrect as you can see the screenshot below:
When I have removed one of the pluses, I have seen that the total has calculated as seen below:
A plus could have been duplicated or a field could have been deleted accidentally in the widget configurations. Please fix the form calculation widget according to your needs and tell us if the issue still persists.
- milladesignmaccomAnswered on October 17, 2017 at 11:32 AM
Well, it counts all of the chosen field within the calculation - even the hidden ones, so the amount is too big :) So, is it possible that as the user choose different values in the form, only the shown and chosen fields get calculated?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on October 17, 2017 at 01:33 PM
There is no need for the brackets in the calculation, so I removed that for you.
In the calculation settings, you can Ignore Hidden Fields. I also did this for your convenience. Please check the form now and let us know if it still gives you an incorrect result.
- milladesignmaccomAnswered on October 17, 2017 at 03:32 PM
thank you it seems to work fine :)