- cashflowgroupAsked on November 03, 2017 at 03:00 AMOn the collapsed sections; can I have a conditional that all answers are required, when the condition is previously met that causes the hidden collapsed section to open? If so, if the condition is not met that causes the collapsed section to open, will the fact that those fields in the collapsed section are required fields cause issues? (ie- if the collapsed section is not opened)
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on November 03, 2017 at 03:36 AM
Yes, there's a way to conditionally show or hide everything underneath the Section Collapse tool. This was covered in great detail on the guide I'm linking below.
Complete guide: Show-or-Hide-multiple-fields-at-once-using-form-collapse-tool
- cashflowgroupAnswered on November 04, 2017 at 09:43 AMYes, thank you, I did see this tutorial, however, it doesn’t answer my question.
What I’m asking is if I have checked the “required” button for a particular field within the collapsed portion of my form, will that “required” field only be required if the ‘collapsed’ section is open?
In other words, if someone does not respond to the conditional that causes the collapsed portion to be “seen”, will those ‘required’ fields still cause an issue?
I don’t know how else to explain it.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 04, 2017 at 11:37 AM
Opened or closed the required field will always ask a value.
If the collapse is closed and there's an empty required field inside it, the collapse itself will indicate an error when you submit the form or move to the next page
- cashflowgroupAnswered on November 04, 2017 at 11:43 AMThanks, that’s what I figured, wanted to be sure.
- cashflowgroupAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 04:43 PM
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 08:09 PM
We will be addressing your new question on this thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1291704