- manvanstaalAsked on November 27, 2017 at 07:21 PM
Well, the Airport picker.
I want to use it ( as many people do) however it's not very good:
- I want to be able to determine the airports it will use ( current selection it provides is not adapted for most uses)
- An alternative drop-down menu does not support the number of fields I need to insert ( about 5500 fields, each field containing airport data)
So...what would be the solution for having a drop-down menu opening up based on the input of 3 characters?
Let's say you want to put in New York, it should start showing after " characters ( new ) all the airports matching the criteria..)
kind regards, René
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on November 28, 2017 at 04:34 AM
Sorry for the delay.
Unfortunately, you cannot change what options would appear in the Aiport Picker widget. As you notice in the Widget Settings, you can only insert custom CSS.
I understand that you do not want to use the Autocomplete widget. You can use the regular dropdown field, however, it does not have the autocomplete functionality. Also, it only works on 1st character and not 3.
Thank you for your understanding.
- manvanstaalAnswered on November 28, 2017 at 04:45 AM
Ok, can you get me in contact with your widget developer team?
Is there a way i can clone the widget and adapt / improve it ?
Kind regards, René
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on November 28, 2017 at 09:26 AM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to clone the widget for development purposes. I notice that the airport picker widget is developed in-house and we may be able to send your requirement to our backend team through this thread as a feature request. However, we cannot promise that the feature will be implemented or cannot provide any ETA at this moment.
Please be noted that the feature requests are implemented based on their task priority and the importance of the feature. Please let us know if you want us to send a feature request with your requirements. If so, please provide us with more information on your requirement so that we can forward the same.