- cardcompactAsked on December 14, 2017 at 06:17 AM
Hi, can I use data validation choices to restrict my users from entering commas and semicolons in a specific text field? Below is a link to the form I am talking about. Thanks in advance
- agonhasaniAnswered on December 14, 2017 at 06:53 AM
Yes, you can use the validation option. I think the alphanumeric option would solve your problem.
1. Click on the Properties button of the field you want to validate.
2. Go to the Options tab
3. Select Alphanumeric (letters and numbers only) on the Validation dropdown menu.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on December 14, 2017 at 10:01 AM
What @agonhasani have mentioned is correct.
If you set a field to only accept alphanumeric inputs and your respondents attempted to enter other characters aside from letters and numbers, the error shown in the screenshot below will appear when they try to submit your form.
Also, aside from doing that, if you want to set a specific number of characters and format entries for the textbox field in your form you can enable the field's Input Mask property.
If you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again anytime.
- cardcompactAnswered on December 14, 2017 at 10:57 AM
Thanks @agonhasani and @Mike_G
However I can't find the data validation tab in Options.
Please check it out https://eu.jotform.com/build/72014333098350
The form is called Kingcard Bestellformular. I cannot attach a screenshot to this message
- agonhasaniAnswered on December 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM
The validation option shows up if the form element is of Short Text Entry.
What type is the element you want to add validation to?
- cardcompactAnswered on December 14, 2017 at 05:34 PM
Thanks for the screenshot. I've found the quick elements.
Can I add the validation to the other elements like Address. That's where I'd like to restrict my clients from using commas.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on December 14, 2017 at 07:41 PM
Unfortunately, you cannot add it to the Address fields. However, you can try using the GeoComplete widget. Here's the link: https://widgets.jotform.com/widget/geocomplete
You can also create multiple Short Text Entry fields and change the Label to Address. Here's a demo form that you can check: https://form.jotform.com/73477314428966
I hope this helps. If you have questions, please contact us again.