- jayhobbs21Asked on January 24, 2018 at 04:40 PM
Specifically, I have a calculation I need to perform:
IF Question response A < 7 and > or = 6, THEN set value of field B to 1.
I will be setting all these conditional calculations:
IF A > 7, THEN set value of field B to 0
IF A < 7 and > or = 6, THEN set value of field B to 1
IF A < 6 and > or = 5, THEN set value of field B to 2
IF A < 5, THEN set value of field B to 3
I set up condition 1 easily, but I am stuck on the following conditions.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on January 24, 2018 at 05:51 PM
Unfortunately this wont work as the conditions overlap. When they overlap they conflict and the outcome is unpredictable.
You should use ranges. For example:
If A > 0 and A < 3 = 1 and 2
if A > 2 and A < 5 = 3 and 4
- jayhobbs21Answered on January 24, 2018 at 06:10 PM
I'm sorry Aubrey, I don't understand your answer.
For example, in your response "If A > 0 and A < 3 = 1 and 2", I understand how to set up the condition (If A > 0 and A < 3), but I don't know what to do with (= 1 and 2).
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on January 24, 2018 at 08:36 PM
Please give me more time to check the form you provided and test it further. I believe what my colleague said is that the condition you created is overlapping.
I will contact you again on this thread once I have an update. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on January 25, 2018 at 12:12 AM
Please check my demo form: https://form.jotform.com/80239442904961
In the demo form, I created field A and field B just for an example. You can clone the form to check my condition configuration. Is that what you're trying to achieve?
If you have questions or need further assistance, please let us know.
- jayhobbs21Answered on January 25, 2018 at 12:29 PM
Yes, that works John.
I set it to
IF A > 6.999, THEN set value of field B to 0
IF A < 6.99 and > 5.999, THEN set value of field B to 1
IF A < 5.99 and > 4.999, THEN set value of field B to 1
This does leave out 6.99 to 6.999, but fortunately that is extremely unlikely.
Feature Request: I would like a feature of the condition "Greater than or Equal to" to be added to the list of options.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on January 25, 2018 at 01:54 PM
You can try adding additional conditions to achieve the "Greater than or Equal to", here's an example:
If that is not okay with you, we can forward your feature request.
We'll wait for your reply. Thank you.
- jayhobbs21Answered on January 25, 2018 at 08:11 PM
That WILL work, but it would still be nice to have the other feature to reduce labor and complication.
One of 2 features would work:
1) an option of "Greater than or Equal to" . For example, If "A" is > or = 1 and "A" is < 2, then C= ...
2) or being able to have "AND" and "OR" options in the same condition series. For example, If "A" is > 1 and "A" is < 2, OR "A" = 1, then C= ...
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on January 25, 2018 at 08:38 PM
Thank you for the added information for the feature request.
I will forward the feature request to our developers. Please take note that we cannot provide you an ETA when this will be implemented but we will do our best to notify you once we have an update.
I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.