- PanchoVilla596Asked on January 26, 2018 at 06:19 AM
I'm having two problems with translation...
1. Some parts refuse to go into the second language (Spanish), the remain in the original (English) (see "Question 1 - Long Text fill)
2. There is a Multiple Line Question screen that does not show up in the translation editor, so I can't translate it! See "Key Issues."
Can you help?
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on January 26, 2018 at 09:43 AM
I checked your form, are you referring to the hover text on the Long Text that doesn't translate to Spanish after changing the language?
I have replicated the issue, the hover text is not translating. I will forward this issue to our backend team for further checking. We will inform you through this thread if there is any updates.
For your second question,those elements are just Long Text Entry, but I'm not sure why it is not showing in the form. Try creating a new Long Text Entry instead and test it out.
- PanchoVilla596Answered on January 26, 2018 at 09:48 AM
Thank you. I will wait to hear from you. About the second question... it is not that it is absent from the form, it is present, BUT, when I access the translation module, where translations of all the original language fields and text is to be written, the Multiple field element (list of three "Key Issues" does not even appear in the translation module (even in the original language). Thus, I cannot enter translated text for this element.
Can you explain this?
- PanchoVilla596Answered on January 26, 2018 at 09:52 AM
Also, for the first issue, I think you missed my point... It is not on the screen shot you replied with, but on the next screen ( https://form.jotformeu.com/80244792232353#3 ) (page 3 of 7). Here, you will see that the title of the Long Text Question is translated, but despite the fact that I have translated the sub-heading into Spanish (see translation module), it shows up in English.
- PanchoVilla596Answered on January 26, 2018 at 10:18 AM
Also, It is not "Hover text" that is the problem. Not sure where the term came from. It is simple translations that are not working.
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on January 26, 2018 at 12:21 PM
Sorry for the miss understanding and thank you for pinpointing the issue. For issue number 1, it seems that the text in English is too long, and it is giving out an error on the translation.But when you shorten the text question, translation works.
Here is the screenshot of the shortened text.
Here is the output when it is translated to Spanish.
For your second issue, The only work around I found was to replace the text and input the translation again to make it work.
But the explanation of key Issue 2, doesn't translate at all.
I will forward this to our L2, so they can check it further.
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on January 26, 2018 at 12:47 PM
Upon further investigation,It seems you might have copy/pasted the questions in you form and with that, it may not have been formatted and translated properly.
Try imputing your questions and translations manually for them to work properly.
You can check this thread that has the same issue https://www.jotform.com/answers/1296889-Hover-Text-of-a-particular-field-not-translating-to-Italian
I tested my forms and it does work on my side, manually inputting the text question and translation will do the trick.