- NewspacearchitectAsked on February 07, 2018 at 09:59 AM
1. Is there a setting that allows commas to be added automatically
2. Is there a setting that adds the USD symbol (currency) to the number entered otr totaled?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on February 07, 2018 at 11:22 AM
I inspected your form and I saw that you are using a Number field. Unfortunately, that is not possible to achieve with a Number field
It can be done with the Masked Input widget.
Another way is to use the Form Calculation widget and get the value from a Number field. You can add dollar sign inform of the calculation and use commaSeparate() math function.
Here is my demo form with both options:
Feel free to test it and clone it.
Hope this meet what you are looking for.
- NewspacearchitectAnswered on February 07, 2018 at 07:43 PM
Thank you for your kind assistance. I am not quite there yet but making progress, it seems you are telling me to use the masked input in lieu of the number and the form calculator for the summary .
Thomas R. Jordan, AIA
Commercial Builder & Architect
CBC 060008 AA26001947
Midtown Branch Office 1018 Thomasville Rd. Tallahassee 32303
3506 Hardaway Hwy., Chattahoochee, FL 32324
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 07, 2018 at 10:52 PM
The initial suggestion that BJoanna had in mind was the masked input widget.
She suggests a second option by using the form calculation widget. I would also go for this method, since I find this more versatile.
In any case, feel free to let us know if you have questions or if you need assistance.
- NewspacearchitectAnswered on February 08, 2018 at 09:43 AMWorking on it
its Exciting.. I finally have time to build a few forms
.I LOVE JOTFORM!
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on February 08, 2018 at 10:48 AM
We are glad to hear that you love JotForm.
Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or issues.