- cwmnAsked on March 05, 2018 at 02:49 PM
I wanted to send and ical .ics file as an autoresponse to people who rsvp to an event. When I attach my .ics file to the response email I receive a message that it isn't a supported file type. Why?
- TREVONAnswered on March 05, 2018 at 03:25 PM
Unfortunately at the moment this is not possible. However it is possible to embed a Google Calendar onto your form using the embed code for it. You could then use google calendar with the .ics file since it's versatile.
You can use the embed widget below to embed google calendar to your form.
- cwmnAnswered on March 06, 2018 at 07:43 PMI really don’t understand how this would help me as I’m trying to allow people to choose a date and then have the proper file be sent to them so they can easily add the event to their work Outlook Calendar.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 12:38 AM
Most email provider allows you to add a date to your calendar. For example, with Gmail, clicking on a formatted date enables you to add a date to Google Calendar.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 12:50 AM
I'm sorry, but I cannot seem to find a workaround. I'll continue searching and keep you updated here. I have also forwarded this thread to our developers as a feature request. We can't promise any timeframe for this, but if there are updates, you should know it via this thread.
- cwmnAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 09:43 AMSo what I don’t quite understand, is when working on a form, under Settings, Emails, Autoresponder, Advanced there is the ability to attach a file. It doesn’t say what file types are supported but it won’t allow you to attach a 14kb .ics file. Is it really that hard to allow a new file type to be attached?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 12:09 PM
I don't think it's hard but likely due to its security, usage and the availability of our developers to work on it. You can only attach images, PDF, and Doc file in it. Excel and CSV are not supported either.
You may consider uploading the file on your Dropbox any file sharing site then put the download link in the autoresponder email.