- sbohonAsked on March 07, 2018 at 02:37 PM
Is there a way that I could create a drop down menu and the response would automatically assign the response to another field?
For example, if I have a field for County and if the user selected Midland then that would automatically assign the field for Region as '5'.
- JotForm SupportVictoria_KAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 03:40 PM
Conditional logic might be of help to implement your idea.
Specifically, you need to create a condition like this:
IF "country" IS EQUAL TO "Midland", then CALCULATE FIELD "Region" INSERT "5".
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- sbohonAnswered on March 27, 2018 at 01:43 PMI have set up a condition on one of my forms. However, I still need your help. There are 58 counties in Region 1. Is there a way that I can set the value to show all 58 county names? We have 10 regions with multiple counties in each region. Is there a way to set 10 different conditions?
Here is a link to my draft form.
Shona Bohon, Coordinator
Texas Municipal Courts Association
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on March 27, 2018 at 02:57 PM
Please check my demo form: https://form.jotform.com/80855600655964
Is that what you're trying to achieve? To my understanding, you want to show the different county drop-down menu depending on the Region number.
In the demo form, I have added different Drop Down field for the county and one Number field for the Region. After that, I used the Show or Hide condition based on the user's answer. Here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/316-How-to-Show-or-Hide-Fields-Base-on-User-s-Answer
If you want to check the demo form, please clone it by following this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Please give it a try and if you have any questions, let us know. Thank you.
- sbohonAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 05:43 PMI would like for the user to enter the county name into the field “what county is your court located in”. This could be a drop down menu.
Based on the response I want the field “region number” to automatically populate with the correct region number.
So if I choose Armstrong or Bailey or Baylor county from the list the region number would populate as “1”. But if I select Midland or Ector or Pecos county from the list, the region number would populate as “5”.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 08:54 PM
That is also possible using the Insert Text into a Field using Condition. Here's a guide: How-to-Insert-Text-or-Calculation-into-a-Field-Using-Conditional-Logic
Here's my simple demo form: https://form.jotform.com/80878901155968
Please clone my form to check my condition settings by following this guide: How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL