- proneAsked on April 30, 2014 at 02:06 PM
We have several forms on our website. We get things forwarded to our email each day - but we are missing somethings. I see, for instance, a submission on 4/25 in Contact Us (on the website), but this was NOT forwarded to us via email. We are a pug rescue and when we miss applications for adoption or surrender, this is bad.
Can you help with this intermittent problem?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 30, 2014 at 03:46 PM
Your form doesn't have a Sender Email. Without these settings, there a big chance that your form notification will NOT be delivered to your email address. Please access your forms and check your settings and make sure to provide and select the required information, example:
Form Notification email should work best for Gmail Addresses, just please fix your settings.
Please contact us again if there are any problems.
- proneAnswered on May 01, 2014 at 07:21 AM
Isn't the "sender e-mail" the person who wrote the question on the Contact Form? That's the way it shows up - I don't want it to show being from "email@example.com" or something like that.
What I don't understand is that we DO get most of the submissions, it's just once in a while I check because someone emails asking if we got an Adoption Application (etc) and while it hasn't been forwarded to us - it's sitting in JotForms. I need every, single thing to be forwarded.
- jedcadornaAnswered on May 01, 2014 at 09:06 AM
Technically it's the person who wrote or build the contact form and also it is the one the appears in your customers email "From" address.
If you don't want to use firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com you have 2 options under "Add a sender email".
1. You can Verify an address. Example would be a gmail account. Once you verify your gmail account to be your Sender E-mail that will be the one to show as the sender's email address or the From address.
2. Setup an SMTP. You can setup your own SMTP account, you may read through this guide on how to setup your own SMTP account.