What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Autoscrolling textAsked by amcit on May 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM
I am looking for an easy copy-paste form I can put on my website so people will see a box that has several sayings in it, that scroll slowly upward so they can read them all. Does such a thing exist, or am I just dreaming?
It would appear on my webpage (given below), but it doesn't show yet.
Unfortunately, we do not have such function in our form builder. But you mean the function that would look like this: https://shots.jotform.com/welvin/pages/marque-text.html, right?
I am creating a request ticket about this to our developers. You will be notified here once this feature is implemented.
You can do the same to my form as a workaround by adding the marque properties to your form text field.
1. Add the Text field in your form and add your sayings/quotes in the text field:
2. Make sure to finish your form with all the other fields then get your form source codes: https://www.jotform.com/help/104-How-to-get-your-Form-Source-Code
3. Paste the form source codes to any text editor your have. Ex. Notepad
4. Find the text field in the form source codes and enclose the texts in the field into Marque
5. Save the modified source codes as an HTML file
6. Upload the HTML file to your own FTP Server
7. Embed the HTML file as an iFrame. You can use this website to generate an iFrame: http://7thspace.com/webmaster_tools/iframe_generator.html. Or, you can use the HTML file as the direct form access.
Let me know if you need any further assistance.
By the way, here's the codes: http://pastiebin.com/537c4f1b3b7ca.
A widget with autoscrolling text has been developed: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/autoscrolling_text
Any progress on having autoscroll in a text-only box added to the features list? The widget works but can't add text affects to the text in the box - like have the text centered, hard returns, colored text, etc. Would love to use the option that Welvin outlined but don't want to have to embed the form...