What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
skiping to another page url as part of form filling process.Asked by andypenn on June 05, 2014 at 08:39 AM
have you any advice on: when a client fills out a particular field. then it could be conditioned to jump to another form url (for instance for more info with out making the 1st form heavey) what condition should I use ???
To do so please add the condition " Change Thank you Url after submission":
Add the 2nd form's url:
You can test it here:
Let us know if this is a solution for you.
thanks for the reply but it only did half of what I would like it to do
I have a situation where I have a lot of information on the form already so need to spread it out a little .
what I would like to happen , as a client starts to fill out the form. I need a way to verify that the client has seen a particular document,
So my idea was , as the client fills out the name field (form 1) it would auto switch to another form with more info on it (form 2) They would then need to confirm (form 2) to return back to (form 1) so as to continue with form1. I could also do with somthing that would be displayed on form 1 after return so it could be included in a mail on final submit, showing that (form 2) has been visited.
Thanks for the explanation.
I think what you are looking for is possible, however, that would envolve more work. I have created two demo forms to let you know how it works, here it is: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41556530623956
As you can see, all the process is as the one you described. So, I will come back in a moment with the detailed instructions to let you know how to accomplish this scenario.
By the way sharing your form with us would be helpful. That way I would give you the instructions using cloned versions of your forms.
form 2 http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41553316210947
thanx once more but what will prevent them just missing out form2 and continue with the form 1. Is there a way to hide a submit button but time it to action say after 10 seconds after a particular field is filled out
We will get back to you with instruction about this. It's basically using prepopulating the form through URL parameter and with hide/show conditions.
Regarding on your last question, sorry to say but it is not possible in the form builder. We do not have time interval for hiding/showing fields. They happen in an instant as long as the condition matched. This however possible when you use your form source code and apply custom script.
Hi again andypenn,
Thanks for providing the information and I apologize for my delayed reply.
Here are the step by step instructions:
1. The first thing you have to do is to enable the Autofill feature that will allow the form to keep/save the information that is entered. Here is the guide to know how to enable it: How to Enable Auto Fill Feature | Save Form Entries to Continue Later
2. Add a Checkbox field and label it as "Go to see the application?" and set just one option, name it as "Yes". You can place it after the Full Name field or where you consider is better for you, I will place after the Full Name field.
Make sure to set it as required.
3. Then, add a new Submit button after the Go to see the application? field, you can name it as Go to see the application.
4. After that go to the Conditions wizard and create the next Show condition:
IF Go to see the application? Is Filled,
Then Show Go to see the application (submit button),
And Hide Go to see the application? field.
5. Then, add one more checkbox field after the Go to see application button field and label it as Show Next and set one option for it and name it as Yes. Set it as Required too.
6. After that, add a Text field that will show a message to let the user know what he needs to do after he already confirmed that read the application.
7. After that add a Page Break after the Show Next field.
8. Then, create the next condition:
IF Show Next is filled,
Then Show Text (the one of the step 6)field.
And Show Page Break.
9. Then create a condition that will redirect to your second form using its URL if the Full Name field is filled. You already created this condition:
10. And then, open your first form in your browser, I recommend Chrome, right click over the Show Next field > click on Inspect element > find and copy the value shwon in the Name property:
Paste it somewhere, you will use it in the next step.
11. Then, copy the URL of your first form, add a question mark "?" after the string of number in the URL, paste the text you just copied from the Show Next field and finally paste =Yes or basically the name of the option of theShow Next field. So, my final URL is:
That will prepoluate the Show Next field, so that when the user is redirected back to the first form after the confirmation in the second form, the Text of the step 6 and the Page Break of the step 7 will appear automatically.
12. Then, go to your second form, set its Thank You page as Custom URL, then paste the URL we elaborated in the step 11.
13. After that, go back to your first form, and set the Show Next field to be hidden. Simply right click on it and click on Hide Field.
14 Then, go to the Condition wizard, select Change Thank You message after submission and create the next condition:
IF Show Next Is Filled,
Then, show this custom message on submit.
And go to your default Thank You message, copy the custom text you already created and paste it into the text editor of the condition.
And finally save the changes and the form.
Here is my main form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41557745113959
And this is my second form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41558424347963
You can clone them if you wish to all this work. If you clone them, Just let make sure to enable your condition that sent the Notifier to specific email addresses becaused I disabled it. Also, if you clone them make sure to use/update the URL of your own forms in the conditions, otherwise people will be submitting my forms.
Here is how to clone forms: How to clone an existing form from a URL
Please let me know if you need further assistance.