- anna1989Asked on July 23, 2014 at 12:03 AM
I have been diligently working on my form for a while now, but had to change the layout to a less detailed form as after the submission the printout/delivery of results comes as you know in one long column. I have read that the best way to restore this look is to print out in edit mode, which is great but not if I receive many submissions which I will have to go into each submission and print out to PDF on my computer.(my form is 10 pages when printed in edit mode). It's not practical for the client to either to receive this 1 column. So can I pay to keep this look, if there is a way I would love to know about it, as I would love to develop my original concept I have been working on into an app.
Thank you so much for this awesome tool, I love dreaming about the possibilities ahead.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 23, 2014 at 03:53 AM
Although I am having a challenge understanding fully your message, I think I still get what you meant.
Can you confirm that what you wanted to achieved is to be able to print the submission data of your form with the print output that look exactly similar to the layout of the form http://www.jotform.com/41632158904858 ?
Please clarify this so we can decide on the best option to proceed.
- anna1989Answered on July 27, 2014 at 07:44 PM
Yes, I want the submission layout to look like the form layout I created.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 27, 2014 at 08:30 PM
Please try this steps
1. Go to the form's http://www.jotform.com/41632158904858 submission page.
Follow this user guide -How-to-view-Submissions
2. When on your form submission page, click on the EDIT button on top
3. While on the Edit mode, click on the Print button of the your form
4. Print and follow the print dialog/instructions.
This should give you a print output with layout similar to your form.
I tested this procedure on my end and I was able to come up with a submission print output like this
Hope this help. Inform us if this will not work for you.
- anna1989Answered on July 28, 2014 at 02:54 AM
Thanks, I am aware of this. Just like you showed in the test submission you emailed me, the layout changes. I will work around it for now.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on July 28, 2014 at 05:39 AM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
Do you mean to say that clicking on print button, the form layout changes in the print layout? It could be possible a slight changes in the print version to accommodate the print settings / format you have set. Apart from that, I do not think there should be any major changes in the layout.