- gyangtingAsked on August 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I've started to test Stripe.
On this form: https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/42305279063957
THe user has to enter Name information twice.
How can I pass the information entered in JotForm fields to the Stripe fields?
Also, how does Stripe gets address and email information for the user ?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 05:32 AM
Name field is part on the CC fields so it is captured automatically. If your form contains email field, it will be automatically passed to Stripe.
To pass an address information, simply add an Address field to your form and then add it on the Stripe Configuration Wizard.
To view it on your Stripe Dashboard, simply go to Payments tab.
Emails are automatically added on the customers section.
- gyangtingAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 06:02 AM
Thanks. This is helpful and useful.
There an issue remaining: how to prefill the Stripe name fields with the the information entered in the address field, before the user submits the form.
I do not want the user to enter his name twice.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 07:38 AM
- gyangtingAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 11:14 AM
- jedcadornaAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 01:05 PM
I'm sorry but are you referring to this field to pre fill some value?
If yes we'll try some sample script that will auto fill some values when form is loaded. We'll update you here.
- gyangtingAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 01:19 PM
- jedcadornaAnswered on August 21, 2014 at 01:30 AM
Sorry for the late reply. You'll have to create a function that will copy the value from your First and Last Name field.
Here's a sample:
Element Id's are base on this form https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/42305279063957. Simply add the script before the </body> tag and call oninput='fill()' in your First and Last Name input field.
You can test the sample form here https://shots.jotform.com/jed/forms/Clone%20of%20Stripe%20Template_(42315170991958)/Clone%20of%20Stripe%20Template.html.
- gyangtingAnswered on August 21, 2014 at 07:50 AM
This is helpful.