- rickvvAsked on September 09, 2014 at 09:20 AM
I have a purchase order form setup here:
And in two of my items, I can make "Select" the first qty option, but the second two items won't allow that.
I want folks to specifically choose the quantity, instead of defaulting to "1".
Is there something I can do to get this to work?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 09, 2014 at 11:09 AM
To have "Select" as the first option for the other fields, simply add it in as an option for the quantity:
When added to the other two fields, your form then looks like this:
If you have any further questions, please let us know and we will be happy to help.
- rickvvAnswered on September 09, 2014 at 03:04 PM
Thanks- I tried that earlier, but the jotform gives me an error that I must use numeric value in that slot just above the "1".
I'll try again, but I think I'm missing something...
- rickvvAnswered on September 09, 2014 at 03:08 PM
Here's what Didn't work:
"place cursor in front of "1", press Enter, go up a line, Enter 'Select'"
(got "numeric value required" using this method)
Here's what Did work:
"Place cursor in front of "1", type the word 'Select', Press Enter" Save.
Funny that one method worked, but the other didn't.
Thanks for getting me thinking!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 09, 2014 at 05:09 PM
Unfortunately, there might be a conflict if someone select a product with the quantity set to 'Selected'.
We would like to recommend you to stick with the numeric quantities (for example add a '0' instead of 'selected'), or try a special pricing option instead:
- rickvvAnswered on September 11, 2014 at 05:16 AMWhen it try this, the jotform goes red and says the entry needs to be numerical entry.
Am I missing something?
Sent from my iPhone...blame Siri for any typos.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 11, 2014 at 09:27 AM
Unfortunately, you cannot add a placeholder text in the quantity property. As advised, add "0" instead of the "Select".