- coastalbendinnovationAsked on September 17, 2014 at 05:40 PM
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 05:40 PM
Well, if you cannot find the field in the options, then it is not supported by the integration. But let me try it and get back to you for final findings.
- coastalbendinnovationAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 05:42 PM
I know that the email notification can generate the link but I don't know how I can make that link available for mapping purpose.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 06:46 PM
As far as I know, you can only mapped the form fields during integration setup. So, I am not really sure how you are suppose to map just a link.
In any case our colleague Welvin will get back to you for any findings/info he gets.
- coastalbendinnovationAnswered on September 18, 2014 at 02:30 PM
Do you know what field type (on Salesforce) can be mapped with Jotform File Attachment? I've tried text field and URL field but none works.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 18, 2014 at 03:06 PM
I've tried, but unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment. Even when using the URL field type:
There's no mapping option for the file upload in the form builder:
- coastalbendinnovationAnswered on September 18, 2014 at 03:59 PM
Do you think it's possible to have this feature in the near future? I think you have already been able to generate the link (in email) it should be able to be generated in the form integration as well.
Meanwhile, if in addition to integrating with Salesforce, I integrate Jotform with Drobpox, is it possible that Jotform can push the file link to Salesforce?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 18, 2014 at 04:12 PM
I'm not sure if Salesforce support file upload in their API. Let me forward this thread to our developers as a feature request. We can't promise any timeframe for this, but if there are updates, you should know it via this thread.
- coastalbendinnovationAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 10:37 AM
I look forward to hear from you.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 12:21 PM
We will let you know as soon as we have any updates on the possibility of adding this feature. Thank you very much for the request. In the mean time, let us know if there is anything else we can help you with and we will be happy to do so.
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on November 10, 2015 at 08:14 AM
I've created a separate thread for you, so anyone in the support staff will be able to assist you with your specific requirement. Please follow up there:
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 25, 2016 at 11:07 PM
This is now available. File upload fields can be mapped to SaleForce fields (text-based). Uploaded file links will be added to the new SalesForce record created.
Please do let us know if there is anything else you need help with.
- lbporterAnswered on February 16, 2017 at 06:07 AM
Hi, I mapped a File Upload field in jotform into Text field in Salesforce. This is what is mapped:
Can someone please explain how can I get the link to the file?
- KadeJMAnswered on February 16, 2017 at 11:01 AM
To elaborate on what Neil said, you should be able to map the upload field to a set text-based field for salesforce similar to how it's already being done when integrating and that should generate the uploaded file links that you originally needed for it.
If you're still confused or it's not working just let us know and we'll take a look to double-check it and provide additional clarification if needed.
- lbporterAnswered on April 10, 2017 at 10:59 AM
Hi. I'm interested in using this function but I don't understand the thread above. My use case is this: I want to map fields from jotform to lead fields in salesforce (also, I want to generate a new lead when jotform is submitted). Does the above solution apply?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on April 10, 2017 at 11:16 AM
This thread is a bit outdated. The following guide is a bit more up to date but still slightly outdated:
This will allow for creating new leads in Salesforce when your form is submitted.
The current thread is related to passing file upload URL's along with the rest of the form data. Make sure to use the regular file upload field.
If this is not working on your end, please create a new thread letting us know which form you are working with, as well as what fields cannot be mapped and we will be happy to have a closer look: