- scottp94Asked on September 22, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Error message attachedPage URL:
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 02:01 PM
This error usually occurs when characters not recognized by PayPal or non default languages are used in the information passed along with your submission:
1. Log into your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com
2. Click the Profile link
3. Click the 'Language Encoding' link under the Selling Preferences column
4. Click the grey 'More Options' button
5. Choose "UTF-8" from the Encoding drop down menu
6. Select "Yes"' for "Do you want to use the same encoding for data sent from
PayPal to you (e.g., IPN, downloadable logs, emails)?"
7. Click "Save"
Now the problem should be solved - give it a go.
If it still is giving this error after the changes, let us know and we will be happy to look into it further.
- scottp94Answered on September 22, 2014 at 03:14 PM
Think its happening when sent from Apple computer
- scottp94Answered on September 22, 2014 at 03:20 PM
Made changes in settings and still doing it, tried from Apple as well as Acer
- scottp94Answered on September 22, 2014 at 03:21 PMHi, I think it's happening with anyone using an Apple computer/pad?
Sent from Samsung Mobile
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 04:18 PM
There should not be a difference between the submission coming from an Apple or a Microsoft platform. However, there may be a problem with the symbols you have included in the names of your products. If possible remove, the "@" symbol and the Euro symbol from the product headings. These may not be properly interpreted by PayPal and I believe are causing the problem.
If removing the symbols still does not help, let us know and we will be happy to see what other characters may not be properly interpreted by the PayPal processing.