- tomorrownightAsked on September 29, 2014 at 06:50 AM
Hello lovely Jotform team!
Gift Registry or Another way?
I wondered if there was any way of making gifts in gift registry plugin able to charge different amounts for different 'gifts'? It would seem very logical that this is a possibility but i cannot find it anywhere. or is there another way? you guys have given me so much help on this project, and im nearly done with it! So thank you!
- BenAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Actually yes, that should be possible :)
If you give me a bit time I will get back to you with instructions on how to set it up and a form that does what I believe that you want to accomplish :)
- tomorrownightAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 10:43 AM
aww awsome! thank you!
- KadeJMAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 11:10 AM
You're very welcome and we're glad to see we are able to assist you with this. :0)
- KadeJMAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Ben, will get back to you about this as soon as he is able to do so.
- BenAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 04:44 PM
OK, so I have added values for only 3 fields so that you can see how it is done and change the values of them to your liking :)
If you need help setting it all up, you can give us the values and we will set them up for you.
1. Now first, I have added 1 more field to jotform and called it 'value of the job' and have hidden it from the users.
Now this field will get updated every time you make a selection in the check box that is connected to Monday and Tuesday (those are the days I clicked on and I noticed that you have 2 gift widgets so only one will work with this (unless you add the same conditions for the other gift registry widget as well.
2. After this is done I have added conditions that check if the selected option starts with certain phrase - I have noticed that you have the titles at the start giving a nice level of uniqueness to each option (gift).
3. Changed the calculation widget to calculate the selected days + the value in the text box I created earlier, that is populated on selection.
Well that is it, nothing more and nothing less :)
You can see it in action here:
Feel free to clone it, or try to set it up yourself and let us know if it works as you wanted it and if you need any further assistance.
I do hope that it is what you wanted to achieve.
- tomorrownightAnswered on September 30, 2014 at 03:46 PM
Thank you so much for this, ive really studied and had a go rebuilding it myself so i learn how to do it (and dont have to keep pestering you guys).
my other question is how do you calculate two results when they are inside one entity - for example, how do you add together two gifts or take away the value of two gifts?
Ticket price mins - FIRE KING + GONG FARMER
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on September 30, 2014 at 05:37 PM
I'm very glad to see Ben's clever workaround helped you to sort out that part. Your new question, has been moved to another thread.