What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Can the First and Last Name get Populated into one Text Box?Asked by SteveSoler on October 03, 2014 at 08:18 AM
Is there a way to automatically combine the contents of a first name field and a last name field into a new full name field? The full name field needs to only be a hidden field.
To confirm, you would like the information that in placed in the Full Name field to be added to a hidden text field?
If so, this can be accomplished by using conditions.
1. Create fields
2. Click on the gear icon for the field that you would like to have hidden and select Hide Field
3. Select Conditions from the "Setup and Embed"
4. Select "Update a Form Field Value"
5. Select "If Full Name field is Filled"
6. Click on Show Advance options and check "Add field to equation as text by default"
7. In the Calculation box select Add Field
8. Add fullName1
9. If the field has numbers in the corner, click on it to change it to letters
10. In Output to Field Select your desired text box.
This will produce your desired result. You can show the field and test to form to ensure that it is working as desired.
I hope this helps! Please inform us if there is anything further we can assist you with.