- The_Mighty_OptiqAsked on October 13, 2014 at 07:55 PM
A client just inboxed me telling me my Questionnaire is freezing on the page where they select what countries they'll be targeting. I went to it myself and sure enough it froze when I clicked the next button. I could still refresh the tab but it wouldn't scroll or anything. Could someone please tell me why this is happening? Thanks in advance.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on October 14, 2014 at 07:17 AM
It's crashing my browser. The next button actually works, but freezes for a few seconds before bringing you to the next page. Here's a screenshot of the next page:
You have 205 options. How about dividing the options into two to three separate checkbox fields? Or, try using the following widgets:
Please get back to us if you need further assistance.
- The_Mighty_OptiqAnswered on October 14, 2014 at 06:12 PM
hmmm. The reason I have the sliders there is so they can show on a scale how much of a focus they want to put on a certain group of people, more so than just checking a box to show they're targeting them. The purpose of it is for me to get a good feel for their market, so I need that level of detail.
- The_Mighty_OptiqAnswered on October 14, 2014 at 06:15 PM
by the way, it still freezes up COMPLETELY for me and my client... so I don't know how it's going to the next page for you.
- raulAnswered on October 14, 2014 at 08:36 PM
I tried to enter the form and it freezes completely on my side too.
I think that Welvin is referring to the checkboxes you have to select countries.
In my case, the page freezes on that screen. Maybe you can use one of the widgets that Welvin suggested to select the countries and see if this fix the issue.
Please let us know if this works for you.
- CharlieAnswered on October 14, 2014 at 08:47 PM
Same goes to me. Although in my case, I'm able to proceed and make the submission successfully.
I believe it is the long list of country checkboxes that causes the problem.
I would like to suggest the widget mentioned by my colleague, Welvin. You can use the Visual Multi Select widget, you can find it here http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/visual_multi_select
I provided some screenshots to help you.
1. Search the widget in the widget bar and add the list of the countries in the setup.
2. You will have then a two column display, showing the country list on the left side and the selected options on the right.
I hope this helps.
- The_Mighty_OptiqAnswered on October 14, 2014 at 08:59 PM
oooooh ok.. I thought he was talking about the ethnicities section. I just switched out the checkboxes with the multi-select widget and it works perfectly. Thanks for clearing that up!!!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 15, 2014 at 04:20 AM
Hello The_Mighty_Optiq ,
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
I am glad to know that your issue is now resolved.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.