- networkingsquareAsked on November 08, 2014 at 10:38 AM
- ShadaeAnswered on November 08, 2014 at 12:27 PM
To confirm, you would like the information from the dynamic dropdown to update a specific textbox, however, you want only the information from a specific level of the dropdown to be displayed?
Unfortunately, it is not possible for the information from only one level to be passed on to the textbox when using the dynamic dropdown widget.
Can you give us an idea of the levels you would be using in the dynamic dropdown and we can look into an alternative to resolve this issue?
- networkingsquareAnswered on November 09, 2014 at 01:32 AM
I will be using only one level data to be passed in text box. Please help with some workaround if possible.
- BenAnswered on November 09, 2014 at 05:52 AM
As my colleague Shadae had mentioned it would not be possible to capture only one segment of the Dynamic Dropown selection.
Now, I am not quite sure that I understand the use of Dynamic Dropdown widget in case you will be using only one level as it seems to me that you could use only one dropdown and have it properly update the email ID field.
I have created a quick jotform to show what I mean. You can see it here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/43122050829952
Do let us know if that is what you are after, or if not, we would appreciate any details on what you are trying to achieve.
- networkingsquareAnswered on November 10, 2014 at 07:00 AM
Thanks a ton Ben. This is exactly what I was looking for, please let me know how to implement this in my form.
- ShadaeAnswered on November 10, 2014 at 09:00 AM
We are happy to hear that this is a suitable option for you.
You would use a normal dropdown box and use the calculations to set the value for each option. To do so, you would create your dropdown and add the options.
1. Select the Gear Icon on your dropdown box field
2. Select "Show Properties"
3. You will need to place the calculation values (In this case, the full email addresses) to match up with the drop down values. Since there is a blank option automatically inserted, you would need to add a blank line.
Once that is created, you would set the condition.
1. Select Conditions and Select the "Update Form Field" Condition
2. Select when "From" field is filled
3. Select "Add Field" (Ensure that the value is A - Z and not 0 - 9. Click on the field name in the calculation window to change it)
4. Select your output field as "Email ID"
Please inform us if you need additional assistance.
- networkingsquareAnswered on November 10, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Thanks. It helped me :)
- BenAnswered on November 10, 2014 at 12:15 PM
You are welcome. I am glad to hear that it worked for you.
Do let us know if you have any further questions and we would be happy to help.