- mbombasiAsked on November 12, 2014 at 09:34 AM
Is there a way to limit someones ability to put in dates after a particular date? We don't take reservations for Spring 2015 until November 15, 2014 so everytime we have someone put in a reservation we have to call and tell them that. If I could restrict the form from letting people put in dates after December 31 until we are ready to accept those dates, that would be very helpful. Anyone know how to do this?
- CharlieAnswered on November 12, 2014 at 10:14 AM
I believe we can do a workaround for that, we can put a limit or restriction on the date and hiding the submit button so that they won't be able to make the submission when the date is out of the desired range.
You can follow the quick guide below.
1. Add a date field.
2. Add a text field that will act as a message when they input restricted date, in my case all dates from November 15, 2014 onward.
3. Click the "Conditions" setup and click the "Show / Hide a form field"
4. This is then my condition.
If Date Field is set to after November 15, 2014, hide the Submit button (So that user won't be able to do the submission) and show the text field message (informing the user about what happened).
You can check the live demo here:
I would also like to suggest the widget "Date Reservation", this might be of a use to you.
I hope this helps. Let us know if this works.
- mbombasiAnswered on November 24, 2014 at 09:26 AM
Thanks - we've tested your solutions out but nothing is working quite the way we want it to and concerned about testing it live right now and having it break down. Might wait until the summer as that's our slow time and see what we can figure out. Thanks!c
- CharlieAnswered on November 24, 2014 at 10:41 AM
I'm sorry to hear that the workaround did not work for you.
If you can send us your working form and the details on how you would like it to behave, we can try to make some workaround. Or if you needed more assistance on something, just let us know.