- alipdesignAsked on November 13, 2014 at 06:25 PM
I have just setup a form using SSL. I have put the link below. How can I make sure the data I am receiving via email is secure?
Are there any guarantees?
- raulAnswered on November 13, 2014 at 07:02 PM
When you use your form using an encrypted connection means that all the transmitted information between your site and our servers is encrypted with a 128-bits TLS connection (TLS is the successor of SSL). You can verify this when you see the URL of your site starts with https:// and you see the padlock icon in your browser
You can see more information about this protocol here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security#TLS
I hope this answers your question,
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- alipdesignAnswered on November 13, 2014 at 07:31 PMWhat about the email I receive from jotform with the attachments. Is this secure?
- raulAnswered on November 13, 2014 at 07:44 PM
This depends on your email provider, mostly all providers are offering secure connections to their clients to check emails.
For example: if you use a web client you need to check the URL starts with https:// like your website and if you use an email client such as: Outlook or Thunderbird there are also ways to enable secure connections, but again this will depend on your email provider.
From our side, rest assure that your uploaded files and your submitted information is secure and protected in our servers.
I hope this answers your question.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 25, 2017 at 06:10 PM
JotForm Secure Online Forms page is now available, please find detailed information about all common security-related questions, on the link below: