What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to have PDF Form including submission resultsAsked by tamagosan on November 23, 2014 at 03:44 PM
If there's an easy way to do this, I haven't been able to figure it out.
Here's what I need to do:
1. Respondent fills out an online purchase order form survey
2. The responses gets merged into a new PDF version of the purchase order (NOT a list of questions and responses)
3. The completed PDF gets emailed both to the respondent (for their records) and to our bookkeeping dept to be printed.
To confirm, you would like for your users and your company to get an email with a PDF file that shows the response that were given on your form.
I hope this helps, please inform us if you need further assistance.
No, this does not answer my question. I have a form that looks like this:
Once the form is filled out and submitted, I want an identical PDF (with fields filled out) automatically generated and sent to the respondent and bookkeeping manager as an email attachment. It should function like a mail merge.
I think what you wanted to achieve is like this
2. Go to the form Submissions page and use an Edit icon.
3. Find the Print button (you have added it earlier) in Edit mode and use it to print the form.
Please inform us if this still will not work for you.
By the way, the PRINT option that can be Saved As PDF File is a feature available to Google Chrome browser.
No, I don't really see how I can be any clearer about what I'm looking for, but I'll try.
1. The populated form should be delivered, automatically, as a PDF to the respondent and bookkeeper.
2. It should be identical as possible to the above form.
3. There should not be any extra steps -- whatsoever -- taken by anyone involved in the process.
I'm not looking for a workaround or anything that requires a browser plug in. Please let me know if this is not possible so that I can begin exploring other options.
Please accept our apologies for missing your point earlier. Regarding your request I believe it is not possible to fulfill all your conditions:
1. It is possible to deliver automatically a filled PDF form but it will not look the same as above:
2. In order to be similar to the example shown above, there is need for some workarounds, like editing the email notification and then "printing it" to save as PDF as shown by my colleague Jonathan.
We can guide you through the process if you wish.