- SavaloadAsked on December 04, 2014 at 09:59 AM
I have 4 sliders
Length, Width, Height & Weight
My calculation works out Length x Weight x Height / 6000 = ##result##
The weight slider is not part of the calculation
I need to have an answer that gives the result from the highest of the two.
if (Length x Weight *x Height / 6000 = ##result##) but Weight = more than the ##result## how do I make the weight become the result and / or vice versa??
- CharlieAnswered on December 04, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Unfortunately, the widget "Sliders with calculated result" does not have rules or condition-like feature, and not be able to compare results to each other.
But, I do have a workaround in mind. Here is what I have:
-Use single sliders
-Have an input field result as a basis of comparison
-Set up conditions to show which one is higher.
1. Add a slider from the widget search bar. I edited the max value to 200 and renamed them as appropriately.
2. I added 3 fields for basis of results.
Calculation Result - computed formula for slider 1, 2 and 3.
Compare Result Basis- we subtract calculation result to weight.
Logic: if "Compare Result Basis" is a positive integer it means that calculation result is greater than weight, if negative then the weight is greater than the calculation result.
Final Result- we will output here the condition that we have.
3. Calculation Result formula.
4. Compare result basis field to where we check if the result is positive or negative integer.
5. We then add a condition to where we identify which one is greater, the calculated result or the weight.
You can check how the form works here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/43374691396971
You can clone my form using this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance on this.
- carambamorenoAnswered on March 01, 2015 at 07:51 PM
Wow. Great support.
- CharlieAnswered on March 02, 2015 at 12:23 AM
Thank you for your feedback on this post. If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to open up a new thread, we'll be more than glad to help you. :)