What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Why is it taking approximately 14+ minutes to receive the email?Asked by richardschwalbe on December 04, 2014 at 05:06 PM
So I am testing my form that I have created. On the email I finally receive it is showing in the body that the submission time is 4:42pm. Once I get it in my Inbox that time is 5:00. I have checked my SPAM filtering service and ensured that the domain that the email is coming from (in my case formresponse.com) has been added to the Permitted Senders group.
I guess it's not really a huge deal but if someone sends a form at 4:30 and calls me to ask me about it at 4:35 I have not even received it and wondered if there is some issue there with the delay. Or is it because I only have a Free Account?
Thanks for your time.
email receive domain checked thanks delay
Have you tried using a personal email with yahoo or gmail in testing notifications? Just to see if it also applies in those kind of emails in your end. I've checked ours and made some test submissions, and I was able to receive them immediately. The problem might be because your email provider is checking if the submissions are spam. Although, I understand that you already added formresponse.com in your permitted email group, can you please also do try this guide that we have: whitelisting JotMail IP Addresses.
Let me know if the above solution worked for you.
Thanks for the response. I went to the guide and added all of the listed domains and that seems to have fixed the issue.
In the properties I did notice that the domain I originally added to the Permitted Senders group was not the actual sender.
I'm glad that everything seems to be working fine right now.
If you need an assistance again or have any other concerns, please feel free to open up a new thread here in the forum.