- wallace.stevensAsked on February 04, 2015 at 01:47 PMI'm creating a form and a large part of it is a configurable list widget. The information in which I need to collect for one item is quite a lot. Thusly, it is causing the width of my form to be unmanageable. Is there a way I can break-up or wrap the configurable list so my form doesn't need to be 2275px-wide? I want the form to fit on the screen better without a lot scrolling. Maybe there is a better template I should to try to accomplish what I doing maybe? I have attached a screenshot of what I am hoping to accomplish. The important factor is I cannot break up the configurable list because all the information is for one item.
- raulAnswered on February 04, 2015 at 03:28 PM
Please take a look at this cloned version of your form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50346345687967
I've reduced the width of the text areas, checkboxes and radio buttons and was able to reduce the full width of the form to 1560px.
Would that be a viable solution for you? If it is, feel free to clone that form to your account to check it further.
Unfortunately, the configurable list is rendered using a table. Thus, it would be very complicated to break it into two lines using CSS.
- wallace.stevensAnswered on February 24, 2015 at 02:43 PM
- raulAnswered on February 24, 2015 at 03:13 PM
Unfortunately, this is not possible because as I mentioned before the configurable list is rendered in a table and creates a new row every time the add button is clicked. On this case, your would need to use the full source code of your form and modify the behavior of the widget using a script similar to the one mentioned here: http://www.mredkj.com/tutorials/tableaddcolumn.html so you can add columns instead of rows when the add button is clicked.
Let us know if you have further questions.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 08, 2016 at 12:54 AM
We will handle your question on this thread http://www.jotform.com/answers/739447. Thanks!
- digimarketingcolombiaAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 01:07 PM
Please, Tell me more about ERBArmstrong solution. How can I Implement that in my form?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 03:36 PM
This feature is no yet implemented, however a ticket with this request was opened. Feature request are not highly prioritized so we cannot give you an ETA for when this will implemented.