- mbycsdAsked on April 09, 2015 at 01:58 AM
I would like to know if there is a way to make the field blank until the people select the Date of the Event.
- mikegultiaAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 02:48 AM
Please allow me to help you. By the way, thank you for the image you provided, I was able to understand you concern easily.
I have cloned your form so I would be able to test it myself.
I saw that you were able to place this calculation for your Week Day text box in the Calculation Wizard:
By doing such, the Week Day text box field automatically gets the value of "dateOf20", Date of Event, when the form loads, and it still has a null value, so it will give you the farthest date it can give.
Here's what you need to do to resolve the issue of your form.
1. Edit your form. After it loads completely, click the Condition icon from the Menu above.
2. The Conditions Wizard window will appear. Select "Update a form field value" option from the selection and click Next on the bottom right corner.
3. After clicking Next, this window will appear and this is where you will be creating your conditions.
3. The Condition Wizard window should look like the image below after you fill out every field needed and before you hit the save button on the right bottom corner.
4. After you click save, this window will show, confirming the condition you just made. Just click Finish.
5. To check if the condition was properly placed go to the Date of Event element of your form, click it, and you should be able to see the condition icon on the top right corner beside the cog icon.
Once you're done doing every step and checking if the condition is properly placed, it should look like this when you preview your form. You will notice that the field for Week Day was initially blank, and when I placed a date on the Date of Event it became populated.
Here's my working form URL that you can use for you reference. http://form.jotform.me/form/50981410792457
I hope I was able to help you with your concern.
- mbycsdAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 03:02 AM
Thank you. I followed the steps and it worked just like you said. mbycsd
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 10:43 AM
We're glad to know that your issue was resolved by mikegultia.
Let us know if you need any help. Thank you.