- cheekychappie2k2Asked on April 10, 2015 at 02:22 PM
Need to be sure its secure
- BenAnswered on April 10, 2015 at 03:41 PM
I took a look at your website and it seems that you are using source code embed code and since neither your website is on HTTPS nor the form is using secure code embedding all data is simple to capture.
To be secure as you have mentioned, I would suggest using iframe embed code with the secure form option being checked.
Another great thing about the iframe code vs the source code embed option is that every time you make a change in the JotForm Builder, the change will be automatically transferred to the form on your website, while with source code you will need to make the change yourself each time.
- cheekychappie2k2Answered on April 13, 2015 at 01:20 PM
I can't use iframe code as it does something funny to my html, which is why i chose this format... if i buy a certificate for ssl for my website, will that make it secure, or will the data being transferred to you be insecure? please advise? thanks
- BenAnswered on April 13, 2015 at 02:36 PM
That is also a good way to protect your website.
When doing so there are few things that I would like to point out to you, in order to help you:
1. SSL certificate means that all data on the website will be secure
2. to show the form and submit it you would need to use secure form (How can I receive SSL Submissions)
Next to this you might need to hire someone to properly set your website so that your website can only be accessed over HTTPS and not HTTP as well - the best way to do this is by redirection (both SEO and maintainability wise).
As long as your webiste loads with all resources over HTTPS protocol, everything will be secure and work just as you want it to.