- tschreibAsked on April 20, 2015 at 09:16 AM
Problem is the following: We still have work to do with already created forms, but as our structure is changing we don't want to have new submissions. Question now is, can we view and more important edit past submissions
and prevent new submissions at the same time?
- BenAnswered on April 20, 2015 at 11:12 AM
If you want to have the form enabled, but not possible for a new submission to be made for some reason, then what I would do is to add a condition that will check if some required field on the form is empty or filled.
If empty, it will mean that it was not previously filled out - since it is required it would not allow us to submit without filling it out - and it would also limit the new submissions from being made.
Now, the main thing here is to use this field in the condition, not only to check it out, but to also hide submit button.
What this will do is:
1. check if the field is empty (new submission) or filled out (old submission)
2. depending on this hide the submit button (for new submission) and show the submit button (for old submission).
That is it, your form is enabled and still active, while no one can submit a form.
Do let us know how it goes after testing and if you have any further questions and we would be happy to assist.
- tschreibAnswered on April 20, 2015 at 11:38 AM
OK, that seems to work. I only added a hide-condition for empty mandatory field as otherwise the submit button would show up again, if someone fills it. Thanks Ben!
- BenAnswered on April 20, 2015 at 12:33 PM
Oh yes, I seem to have not added that part - quite important that is :)
I am glad that you figured it out yourself and that the solution works for you :)