- rorypaapAsked on May 22, 2015 at 11:09 AM
Is there a way to password protect forms?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 22, 2015 at 11:45 AM
Please be noted that we do NOT have any built in feature to password protect any form but it is still possible to achieve your requirement. You can take advantage of our "Conditions" feature to show / hide form fields based on the input of any text box. Here are the steps your should follow:
1. Add a "Form Collapse" field at the start and end of your form. You can set the "Visibility" of the form collapse as "Hidden" and the "Status" as "Open". Please check the screenshot below:
2. Before the first form collapse, add a "Text Box" field where user can input the password. Please be noted that you should not use "Password" label in your form. You can use any other text like "Code", "key", "authorization". We have automated anti-phishing system which scans all forms and mark them with probability of being used for phishing activities.
3. You can add condition in your form to check the input text of the text box. If the password matches, you can show the entire form collapse field which will in turn display all the form fields. Please check the screenshot below:
Please take a look at the following demo form : http://form.jotformpro.com/form/42291563960963? Feel free to clone this form for a closer look. The following guide should help you in form cloning: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
If you have any further questions, let us know and we will be happy to help.
- stekubiAnswered on May 28, 2015 at 08:03 AM
Enhanced solution is add a PIN to create a code - password and Browser cannot remember it :-)
- Hermano AmadorAnswered on December 15, 2015 at 09:51 PM
- CharlieAnswered on December 16, 2015 at 03:36 AM
I opened a separate thread for your question, please refer to this link instead: http://www.jotform.com/answers/726600. We will address it shortly.
Thank you for understanding.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 16, 2016 at 07:12 AM
This thread is way too old so we moved your question into a separate thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/962282. We'll be on your thread shortly.