- rmwattAsked on June 08, 2015 at 06:37 PM
Hi, I've just discovered JotForm and am very impressed.
Can I set things up such that I can reply to an enquiry by directly replying to the notification email? I am concerned that an enquirer could make an error in typing in their e-mail address which would mean that I would have no way of getting back to them.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 08, 2015 at 07:19 PM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 08, 2015 at 07:24 PM
just in case you actually was referring to the Notification Email reply, you can set your Notification Email to have the Reply-To Email to that of an email field provided by the end-user.
user guide: -Notification-Autoresponder-Email-Details
In the image below, you can see the Reply-To-Email is the email address of the form respondent.
- rmwattAnswered on June 08, 2015 at 07:31 PM
Thank you for your swift replies. The second option I don't think will help in the case where the client has input their e-mail address inaccurately. That's the situation I want a workaround for.
I'll investigate the first option.
- rmwattAnswered on June 08, 2015 at 07:43 PM
No, both options pick up whatever address the enquirer types in the e-mail text area. So if this has a typo I can't email them back.