- whbyrdAsked on August 01, 2015 at 09:33 AM
What I am looking to do is have a blank signature field. People will be submitting a application. When they are accepted we want to print PDF and manually sign the PDF. Right now a field has to have data to show up on PDf. I want a blank signature field to show up on PDF.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on August 01, 2015 at 12:52 PM
To my understanding, you would like to have the PDF copy of your form submissions printed so it can be signed manually, is that correct? You will be adding a Signature field, that would remain blank and will be signed after applicants are accepted. You, also, would like to show the empty Signature field on the PDF copy of the submission so that there will be space for it to be signed. You can include empty fields on the PDF copy of your form submission by:
I would also suggest you try to refresh the Submission page, just to make sure changes are properly applied, before downloading a PDF copy.
I hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.
- whbyrdAnswered on August 01, 2015 at 01:49 PMNew response receivedThanks for the interest in my need. I think I have done everything. Empty fields not showing unless I print the form as text. Really need the PDF. Also the right panel that has checks by items will not scroll.
- whbyrdAnswered on August 01, 2015 at 02:09 PMNew response receivedWhen I refreshed I got all labels. Is there any way to get a line to sign on?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on August 01, 2015 at 03:37 PM
I think the simplest way to add a non-field signature line (albeit a dashed one and not solid) would be to insert a Text element (see screenshot below)
and type the word Signature followed by several underscores, as I've done here.
Hopefully, I've understood what you want to accomplish.
- whbyrdAnswered on August 01, 2015 at 03:44 PMNew response receivedThanks, I will try.
- ShadaeAnswered on August 01, 2015 at 03:49 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you are most welcome. Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance with this solution.
- whbyrdAnswered on August 01, 2015 at 04:24 PMWoo Woo that works fine!
Thank you very much. This product is amazing. I searched for weeks. To find app that would output as PDF. Messed with Adobe for days. I could get fields, but submit was a total pain. They used to have FormCentral that would have worked, but no more.
Sent from Outlook
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on August 01, 2015 at 04:46 PM
That's great! Definitely happy to know it suits your requirements :)
As it's unrelated to the topic of this thread, your other question has been moved to a separate thread and will be addressed in due course.
- whbyrdAnswered on August 01, 2015 at 04:49 PMThanks.
Sent from Outlook