- markgydeAsked on August 10, 2015 at 03:00 PM
I have the Jotform app on my ipad and every time I open the app it closes itself after a second or two. I've deleted the app and re-installed it but have the same issue...
- KadeJMAnswered on August 10, 2015 at 04:30 PM
Thanks reporting this issue to us Mark. Basically the app is crashing after 1-2 seconds when you attempt to open and use it on your iPad?
You are using the latest iOS App Version 2.7 correct?
What version of iOS are you using on your iPad?
Also, what Generation (Model) is your iPad?
In the mean time please allow us some time to fully investigate this issue further and we'll respond to you again about this as soon as we know more.
- markgydeAnswered on August 10, 2015 at 04:41 PM
As far as I'm aware I'm using the latest version of the app - no updates are showing in the app store
IOS is the latest 8.4 and my Ipad is 4th Generation.
It used to work a few weeks ago.....
- KadeJMAnswered on August 10, 2015 at 05:04 PM
Alright no problem and thank you for the quick response to us about that.
If you aren't seeing any updates then you've most likely got the latest app version.
Unfortunately, I can't replicate the issue on my iPad Mini as of right now. However, that doesn't mean it's not happening either so we're still trying to investigate this deeper.
Also, in order to help us with that I'd like to request your permission to generate an API Key in your account so that we can temporarily test this out.
Our iOS Developer just needs it so that we can pull your a copy of your Data into the iOS App for iPad on his end to check it more in-depth. This way we can take a look and see if there's an actual problem with it or not and we'll remove the key for you after we're done if you'll allow it.
- KadeJMAnswered on August 10, 2015 at 05:29 PM
Actually, I stand corrected, would you mind if we added ourselves as sub-users temporarily under your account to try to test it more accurately that way first if you don't mind that is? I believe that will suffice. But, if not then at that point it might become necessary for us to use your Account API as well possibly.
- markgydeAnswered on August 11, 2015 at 03:29 AMThanks, that would be fine. Do I need to do anything?
- SammyAnswered on August 11, 2015 at 06:05 AM
You do not need to do anything from your end, we will let you know of the outcome
- KadeJMAnswered on August 12, 2015 at 02:06 PM
UPDATE - Our iOS Dev found the problem and said it was due to the second submission on your payment form which was generating the data incorrectly as an array instead of a string which is what should actually be there instead. He's applied a fix to correct the problem but unfortunately it won't take effect til we release another update which will most likely happen in about a week or two possibly a little longer depending on how long it takes us to get something else updated for the app aside from that.
- markgydeAnswered on August 12, 2015 at 02:25 PMOk Thank you for the update. It all sounds wonderfully technical! Is there anything I need to change with any of the forms or will your update sort it all out?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on August 12, 2015 at 05:38 PM
The app update should fix the issue, so there are no actions required. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.