- Tywest01Asked on August 12, 2015 at 07:33 PM
I'm the designer of a site for a client. She has an account and I have one here at Jotform. I'd like to move the forms that I have created to her account. How do I do that?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 13, 2015 at 12:15 AM
Only the support team can move a form, please let us know the URL here and your client's account so we can proceed.
OR, you can give your client the link to your form and let her clone it to your account:
But if you need to transfer the submissions as well, moving is recommended since cloning will only copy the form.
- Tywest01Answered on August 13, 2015 at 07:52 PM
I didn't understand your request for a URL. You have access to my forms, as a support team member, correct? If I give you my client's username and password for her account, can you move everything I have created over to her account?
- CharlieAnswered on August 14, 2015 at 01:32 AM
What my colleague meant is that there's two ways you can share your forms.
1. First is that we can move forms from one account to another by your request, however, you need to share us the Form URL or the title so that we can look it at your account.
Here's where you can get the form URL:
We also need the username of the account to where you want to move your forms (no need for the password).
2. Another way to share your form is by letting your client clone yours using the form URL, you can share this guide to her so that she can follow: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
There are 7 forms in your account username Tywest01, would you like us to move all of it? May we know what is the username of the target account?
We'll wait for your response.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 27, 2015 at 05:46 PM
All given forms have been moved to your client's account. Kindly check.