- ThrivingDiabeticsAsked on August 18, 2015 at 01:56 PM
BRAND new to your site, but it looks great. I found it by way of a Google search for "signup app for mobile Facebook" which led to a user support question about a form of his that was working fine for everyone except mobile users, and linked to this page: http://www.jotform.com/help/125-Adding-forms-to-Facebook-Static-HTML-App-Method-
I am not very technical but follow directions well. So my questions are these:
1) Is it possible to make a Facebook optin app with JotForm that will work for mobile app users?
2) Will this still work since FB's app rule changes last year that recently took effect? (the post I linked above is several years old).
3) Are there a few tutorial videos you can link for me that will walk me through the process of creating such a form? Not trying to be lazy, but I've searched and am not doing a good job of finding what I think I need, maybe lousy keyword choices...
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 18, 2015 at 03:23 PM
I think this is the new guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/82-Adding-Form-to-Facebook-Custom-iFrame-App-. Steps has visual images in it so it should be pretty easy to follow them correctly.
This will show you how to embed a form using Static HTML Iframe App on your Facebook Pages, just to be clear. This has guide on how to make the embedded form available on mobile too.
If you need further help, let us know. We'd be happy to help.
- ThrivingDiabeticsAnswered on August 18, 2015 at 10:25 PM
thanks, got through most of it (man, the static html frame thing isn't really intuitive in combination with weird routing on FB...), off to test now, thanks!
- ThrivingDiabeticsAnswered on August 18, 2015 at 10:48 PM
Okay it's not showing on my FB mobile app or on friends'. I went back to the article and paid attention to FAQ #1 which I think you were referring to above, about the mobile tab URL, but I cannot get that field to appear in my interface... ideas?
- ThrivingDiabeticsAnswered on August 18, 2015 at 11:03 PM
gosh, sorry about all the posts. they've changed the interface significantly since your tutorial was made, but i poked around and found the "enable tab on mobile devices" area on thunderpenny.
so i have the URL, now what do I do with it?!?
sorry again and thanks again.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 19, 2015 at 03:39 AM
You can use that URL and share it to your users who want to access the form embedded on your Facebook page using their mobile devices. That's what the mobile URL on the static HTML Iframe app is designed for since accessing it directly over Facebook via mobile isn't supported by Facebook itself.
- ThrivingDiabeticsAnswered on August 19, 2015 at 11:37 PM
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 20, 2015 at 01:05 AM
You're welcome. Cheers!