- rrccitAsked on September 01, 2015 at 06:24 PM
When creating an e-mail for my form submissions I would like the sender e-mail address to be the requestor's e-mail address. This used to work but recently has broken and now my only option is email@example.com which messes up the form submissions because we get a lot of returned e-mails. How can I fix this?
- CharlieAnswered on September 02, 2015 at 02:27 AM
To confirm, you would like to receive the notification from the requestor's email address (email field)? For this setup, you might need to create an email address from Mandrill.
1. First, follow this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/236-How-to-use-Mandrill-to-Send-Emails-From-Your-Own-Email-Address
2. After that, another field in your notification settings will be displayed, it will show "From Email". Select the email field in your form.
3. After that, try making a test submission, you should receive the email notification showing that it came from the email of the person who filled out the form.
You might also need to check this guide on how to edit or delete existing SMTP emails: http://www.jotform.com/help/241-How-to-Edit-Delete-the-SMTP-Emails
I hope that helps. Do let us know if you need more information on this.