- meidi01Asked on September 05, 2015 at 05:03 AM
1. I HAVE SUCCESFULLY CREATED A FORM AND REDIRECTED IT AS WWW.MEIDITRAVEL.COM.MY/FORM1
2. I RECENTLY LEARNT TO CREATE A SUBDOMAIN THAT I HAVE NAMED WWW.MEIDITRAVEL.COM.MY/FORM1
3. I WOULD LIKE TO REDIRECT THE FORM TO THIS SUBDOMAIN INSTEAD OF WWW.JOTFORM.XXXXXXXXX
HOW IS THIS DONE? WHAT DO I NEED TO ADD TO MY SUBDOMAIN FOLDER?
- ShadaeAnswered on September 05, 2015 at 01:35 PM
To confirm, you would like to know how to apply a custom domain to your form?
If so, please view the following guide: How-to-use-Custom-Domains-with-Jotform
I hope this helps, please inform us if you need further assistance.
- meidi01Answered on September 09, 2015 at 06:32 AM
I have tried this but when i type out the URL forms.xxxxx.com it goes back to jotform.com
Am i missing a step?
THen to individually name each form as forms.xxxxx.com/form/xxxxxxxx do i have to keep adding on the cname?
- BorisAnswered on September 09, 2015 at 01:06 PM
You are not missing a step, that is how custom domains work. When you set up a custom domain for your forms, you are redirecting that entire custom subdomain to point to jotform.com. This is how we are able to serve our forms, while it looks like they are coming from your custom domain.
As I understand it from your post, you have already successfully set up a custom subdomain of your site to point to JotForm. After that, all you need is to embed your forms with the embed links pointing to your custom domain, instead of pointing to jotform.com.
In other words, the forms you will embed when using custom domain feature will use links such as:
There is no way to change the path part of your URLs (/form/1234567890) to some arbitrary one - the path must be the one directly available on JotForm. That means that you will either have to use the /form/12345 way to access the form on your custom domain, or to use the Custom URL in the form of /meidi01/name-of-form as the path.
I would also like to point out that the custom domains feature doesn't support SSL (secure HTTPS connections).
Please let us know if you need further clarifications or assistance, and we will be happy to help.