- damoooAsked on September 26, 2015 at 12:52 PM
To anyone that can help me at this point:
As I add different fields (sometimes when duplicating, other when adding any type of radio button, checkbox, or text field) random fields go missing or conditional statements break.
I have multiple forms on the account, but this is the one I'm trying to work with --http://form.jotform.us/form/52681902174153
Currently, I have imported the form with the same fields and am trying to work on it.
Occasionally, I have received the error: "Form failed. There was an error on V8. Please try again". I have tried to clear the cache of both the browser and the form with no success.
Thank you for the help in this matter.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 26, 2015 at 07:51 PM
I have cleared your account form's cache just to be sure everything is refreshed.
user guide: -How-to-Clear-your-Form-Cache
Please check again if issue is still happening. Currenly, I could not produce the same issue and so far no other users have reported similarly also. It could be just an isolated case for you.
Hope this help. Please let us know if the problem persist.
- damoooAnswered on September 27, 2015 at 08:55 PM
Yes, the problem is still present.
Under the PERSON - Physical Status collapsible section, there is a text field titled, “Endurance/Activity Tolerance”. Below that text is three textbox fields - “BP” “HR” and “O2 Sats”. Only the “BP” textbox is shown when previewing the form. These are recent fields that were previously on the form, but have now disappeared after adding new collapsible bars and text fields. If you look at the form while editing, the fields are present.
UPDATE: Now under the PERSON - Physical Status section, I tried re-adding the "HR" and "O2 sats" textboxes which added them, but then removed the "sitting" and "standing" textboxes underneath the "Balance - check to expand" area directly above.
- BenAnswered on September 28, 2015 at 04:02 AM
I took a look at your form and I was able to see the first set of fields:
Now when searching for the other fields, I see that they are also present on your form. They are actually doing what was set for them to do - to be hidden unless a specific value is met.
This means that the issue is in the way you have set your conditions:
As you can see in the screenshot above, the marked segment under point 2, is the one that is causing these fields to be hidden, so removing it or correcting it, it will work for you.
Now looking at the conditions, please do note that all conditions with the red color must be either corrected or removed. If not, they will cause different issues, but there will always be some issues due to this.
My suggestion is to remove all of the conditions since you do not have a lot of them.
Then the second step would be to add all of the fields, followed by the setup of various conditions that would allow you to create smarter form.
Of course, if assistance is needed anywhere, do let us know.