JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Why is my page delayed loading? Also Thank You page loads from bottom of pageAsked by Mahoner on September 28, 2015 at 11:26 AM
A couple of things are happening with the JotForm I've embedded into our website (uses Joomla!).
1) The page takes about 3 seconds to load before opening fully
2) On the "Thank You" page after submission, the page is loaded at the bottom and not the top of the page - if that makes sense.
Any assistance on this would be a great help!
Could you please share us the link to your website page to where the form is embedded? That would help us better assess the problem.
So far, here are the guides that we have regarding Joomla:
Please do check which version you are using.
We'll wait for your response.
So it's Joomla 2.5 I'm using and I basically just copied and pasted the Embedded code.
I can provide you a link to the page I'm experiencing trouble with:
Just to watch out for:
1) The loading of the page (again about 2 second delay before opening)
2) It appears that the form does not work on Internet Explorer as it does with Google Chrome. How can I fix that?
3) If you go through the entire submission portion, at the end with the "Thank You" page it loads from the bottom of the webpage, so a user would have to scroll up in order to see the "Thank You" message.
Thanks for your help!
Check the image below when I did the test.
The loading/delay of the form loading might have to do with the background image taking a while to completely load. I suggest you try to compressed also the background image you used on the form so that it has a smaller size.
The smaller the file size, the more improved the loading performance of the elements will be on the website.
I made the test using IE9 browser and it works so far.
I did not encounter the same issue. After submission, I see that Thank You page on the browser as it automatically reposition on top of the browser.
Another option you may want to check is this.
In the user guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/214-How-to-Add-Forms-to-Joomla-2-5 look for Step#5 in A.Direct Method option..
Embed the form using its iframe embed code instead.
Save the page, and observe if it makes any difference.
Let us know if issue is still not resolved.
The iFrame trick worked beautifully! Corrected the loading and the "Thank You" submission.
We're glad to be of help. :)
Feel free to contact us again anytime should you need assistance on JotForm.