- weltyAsked on October 15, 2015 at 03:24 PM
Whenever we try importing a youtube video it gives us a frown face error. We tried with multiple URL's. Please see the attached screenshot
- BenAnswered on October 15, 2015 at 06:01 PM
I am looking at your form http://www.jotformpro.com/form/52725211439957 and for me it seems to be working properly:
Please do let us know if you are still experiencing the same issue.
If so, can you please also try to check the form directly and to do it over your browser (Chrome if I am correct), but also over FireFox?
- weltyAnswered on October 15, 2015 at 07:45 PMI was able to insert html text got do it, the YouTube widget does not work for me in google chrome . Thank you
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 16, 2015 at 02:53 AM
I am using Chrome browser and the video works just fine here.e
It also appears on the form builder using the youtube widget.
I suggest to try it again. Perhaps the page just needs to be refreshed in order for the video to load again.
- weltyAnswered on October 16, 2015 at 01:46 PM
Maybe its just my computer. I will use the HTML until i figure out why my computer is different. Thank you all for your response.
- BenAnswered on October 16, 2015 at 02:08 PM
I took another look at your form and the issue does not seem to be happening to me at this time neither:
Now seeing how you do see the YouTube player over the HTML field and not through the widget, I do believe that the issue is caused by something not allowing you to see the widget link.
To verify this, can you please tell us what happens when you go to this URL: http://widgets-cache.jotform.io/52725211439957/42#http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jotformpro.com/42
This might give us a bit more details in regards to this issue.
- weltyAnswered on October 16, 2015 at 02:12 PM
Thanks for the follow up. It seems to take me to a page, then I press play and it runs the video.
- BenAnswered on October 16, 2015 at 02:29 PM
If that is the case, then I would only like to ask you to add the video to your YouTube widget and then (even if it still shows you the same error) to save the form and check how it looks when you access the form directly.
It might be that the issue is happening for you within the form builder for some reason, but that it is not affecting the video being shown on your form - since the URL that is used to show the video works for you (the one above).
Do let us know how it goes.
- weltyAnswered on October 16, 2015 at 02:38 PM
That was it, it doesn't work when in the editor but it does display when previewing it. Thanks for your help!
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 16, 2015 at 03:32 PM
Glad to hear things are working! If there is anything else we can assist you with, let us know and we will be happy to help.