- PensacolaMESSHallAsked on October 19, 2015 at 05:46 PM
I would like to offer an autorenewal option to our members, through Paypal. We have a base membership price, and then there is an additional cost for extra kids. I am thinking I can't offer that kind of pricing with subscriptions, unless I break it up as "Annual Membership + 1 additional person", "Annual Membership + 2".... The form that I am working on is:
Thanks for your help.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 20, 2015 at 01:38 AM
We do have a way to do calculations on a form and then pass that value to a payment field:
Unfortunately, that is not available for subscription forms. I have opened a feature requested ticket about this and sent it to one of our developers.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on November 03, 2015 at 09:16 AM
We have recently implemented a feature that allows changing the price of a subscription plan depending on other options on the form.
Here's a sample form:
If this is exactly how you'd like your form to behave, please let me know and I will come up with a mini how-to.
- PensacolaMESSHallAnswered on November 03, 2015 at 09:45 AMFabulous! Just what I was wanting!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on November 03, 2015 at 10:46 AM
In this example, I will refer to the textbox field as the "total field" and the additional family member as "extra fields".
Here is how I implemented the solution:
1. Add a plain textbox field to your form. This will hold the calculated amount to be used by the subscription items.
2. Add the following conditions to your form:
- If all extra fields are empty, set the amount to 110
- If extra field 1 is filled AND extra field 2 is empty, set amount to 120
- If extra field 2 is filled AND extra field 1 is empty, set amount to 120
- If all extra fields are filled, set amount to 130
To learn more about conditional logic, please visit this page:
3. Hide the 'total' field
4. Open the wizard for your payment field
5. For each of your subscription items, tick the "Variable Price" checkbox, then set the Price Source to the "total" field. Don't forget to save.
Note: It does not matter what price you enter for the subscription items as they will be overridden by the calculated value anyway.
That's it. Your form is ready.
If you have more extra fields, you will need to add more conditions to cover all the possible scenarios.