- bkeoghAsked on November 10, 2015 at 08:57 PM
Is it possible to use the data such as name, email etc captured from form 1, and use in another separate form a week later, form 2?
Example: I receive a submission that has all the personal details such as name, phone, email, address etc and then a few days later I want to send them another form that asks for more details after we have contacted them. Is it possible to use the data from form 1 so all the personal details are automatically populated so they don't have to fill them out again?
I have seen a number of posts saying create a thank you page, but I don't want to send form 2 straight away.
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on November 11, 2015 at 03:37 AM
Unfortunately, if you want to transfer data from one form to another, you need to redirect user to form 2 from form 1 at that moment. You can follow the instructions from the below, if you want to add this feature to your form.
To transfer field value to a another form,
1) You need to find the "Name" of the specific field. Select the desired field and click to gear shaped icon and then, click to "Show Properties".
2) Copy the "Name" of that field.
2) Copy your 2nd Form URL and construct the URL parameter for prepopulating value from the 1st form to the 2nd form; but before that, you need "ID" and "Name" values from 1st and 2nd form.
For the 1st form,
- You need to use first step to find their "Name"s.
For the 2nd form,
3) Below, the example combines the values from 1st form to 2nd form. Purple marked areas represent the labels from 2nd form (we get those values from the step 2). Orange marked areas represent the labels from 1st form (from the step 1).
Also, you can check the document Prepopulating the fields to your JotForm via URL parameters.
4) Finally, set the 1st form's Thank you page URL as custom URL with the parameters from the step 3.
After those, steps 1st form redirect user to 2nd form with the values from the 1st form.
For further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- bkeoghAnswered on December 07, 2015 at 09:30 PM
Thanks for your response, but that's not what I'm after.
Essentially I want to be able to send a form to clients for them to fill out, then once we have the submission, pull all that data from that form and use it on a different form that I would use internally to share with colleagues.
So using the thank you page to redirect the client to another form is not what I'm after.
Would be handy if this was available.
- wolfpaw69Answered on December 07, 2015 at 09:41 PM
Sounds like you're looking for a database.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 07, 2015 at 10:27 PM
The guide provided by my colleague should work if your internal forms allows prepopulation method.
I suggest to download the submissions data to Excel, CSV or into PDF format so you can import it on your end or use it offline. Guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/73-How-to-Download-Form-Submissions-to-Excel-CSV-PDF
If you'd like to send the form data to your MySQL database, here's a guide for that: http://www.jotform.com/help/126-How-to-Insert-Update-Submissions-to-Your-MySQL-Database-Using-PHP
If you need further assistance, do let us know.