- AlbertoCuozzoAsked on November 13, 2015 at 05:05 AM
I'd like to know the best way you suggest to make availbale data inserted in a specific Form to all other Form that need of them.
- SammyAnswered on November 13, 2015 at 07:23 AM
You can pass data from one form to another via URL parameters.
Here is the approach in summary.
1. Copy the field tags of the field whose value you'd like to transfer from the first form, the tags can be accessed under the field properties.
2. copy your second form URL and construct the UR paramters fro prepopulating using the following tool http://prepopulate.jotform.io/
Kindly refer to this guide http://www.jotform.com/help/71-Prepopulating-fields-to-your-JotForm-via-URL-parameters
The black parameter are the field tags on the second form while the orange ones are the tags of the first form
3. Paste the above URL into your custom thank you page for the first form so that after submissions the user will be redirected to the second form with the specified parameters.
- AlbertoCuozzoAnswered on November 13, 2015 at 08:27 AM
Thank you very much Sammy for your prompt answer.
This will be useful for my work surely.
I think I need to clarify better my question anyway.
What I mean is for istance if I use the Address Form where I write:
- Field 1 Name
- Field 2 Address
This is my Dental Office Hierarchy
Suppose now I have to visit each Dental Office for business reason and I use for that the Visit Form. In this I have:
- Field 1 Name
- Field 2 Address
This is my Visit Repository
Of course I'd like to get info coming from the Address Form and I'd like to handle the following:
- See the name previously type in Address form in order to choose what I need
- See the linked Address in the proper field.
Is it posible?
Thank you one more time
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on November 13, 2015 at 10:39 AM
I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. But it looks that you are looking for the same thing that our colleague Sammy has already provided. To understand much better, I've created a demo form for you. Please check the form and let us know if you are looking for a different one.
Link to Address Form : https://form.jotform.com/53164378877975
Link to Order Form : https://form.jotform.com/53164144403951
The order form will be redirected automatically after submitting the Address form pre-populating the Name and Address field data from Address form.
You may try submitting the Address form and see how the data will be transferred to Order form.
Please let us know if you are referring to something different. We will be happy to help.
- AlbertoCuozzoAnswered on November 13, 2015 at 11:09 AM
That you show is correct in the case I want to type an order immediately after typing and Address.
But imagine I want to type an order after typing 100 Addresses selecting the name of one of them directly in the field NAME in the order Entry form.
What to do in this case?
- CharlieAnswered on November 13, 2015 at 12:44 PM
From what I understood, you would like the data collected from "Address" form to be readily available in your "Visit" form.
Let's say you filled out 100 submissions in your "Address" form, now in your "Visit" form, you want to fetch existing submission from the "Address" form and populate it in your "Visit" Form, is that correct?
Unfortunately, there is no easy way for this, here are the approach that I can think of:
Store the submission data captured by "Address" form to your own database. You can do this if you are familiar with send POST Data, PHP and MySQL. Here's a guide about it: http://www.jotform.com/help/126-How-to-send-Submissions-to-Your-MySQL-Database-Using-PHP
Now the data is in your database, you can easily prepopulate the "Visit" form based from the records you have in your database. However, you'll need to develop your own PHP script for this or hire a developer.
You can embed your form on a page and use API to fetch submission data of "Address" form to your "Visit" form. Here's our API page: http://api.jotform.com/docs/#submission-id
Both methods require a developer or knowledge in programming. I hope that helps.