- RutgersSWEAsked on November 15, 2015 at 06:51 PM
I'm confused by the integration update and no longer know how to customize the submission folder name on my dropbox nor the subfolders for each submission. Ideally, I want each subfolder to hold the Name and Email Info that the user gives from filling out the form.
We will be using this form to collect resumes for sponsor companies, so we would like to know the answer to this soon!
Any help is appreciated!
- CharlieAnswered on November 16, 2015 at 04:25 AM
Apologies for the inconvenience.
This is how the old integration on the Dropbox works:
In the old Dropbox integration, it allows you to have an extended folder name. So the name of the submission folder will be something like this:
Dropbox root folder / Main Folder Name / John Doe - firstname.lastname@example.org
It combines the full name field and the email field.
However, in the new integration wizard, it does not allow you to have an extended folder name. It only allows you to have one basis for the submission folder's name. There's an added option to where you can add a date a response date.
I will forward this to our developers to have it checked and fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.
For the meantime, you can use the Form Calculation widget or the Conditional logic to combine two fields and use it as the submission folder name. Here are the steps:
1. First, I'll add a text box where I will combine the full name and email fields.
2. Select "Update a form field value" in the condition list. Here's how my condition is setup. To learn more about the conditional logic, you can follow this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic. Make sure to click the "0-9" after you added the field, it will change to "a-z" which means it is now a text string instead of a number value.
3. In the new integration, you can select the "Submission Folder Name" field, that will give you a folder name with a combination of the full name + email field.
Let us know if this works.
- JotForm DeveloperdenizAnswered on November 17, 2015 at 01:49 AM
We removed the extended folder option intentionally. The old extended folder logic only renames the Sub Folder like this: Dropbox Root/Sub Folder - Exdended Folder.
In new version, you can select your Sub Folder and you can also type Extended Folder name.
Hope, this solves your problem.
Please let us know if you need any further help.